8 June 2017
To continue the transformation of Auckland Airport, we have announced a plan to invest around $1.8 billion in aeronautical infrastructure by 2022. Some of the key infrastructure projects planned for delivery between 2018 and 2022, include:
- Expanding and upgrading the international departure experience
- Providing three more contact gates for international aircraft, such as the A380 and B787
- Building a new domestic jet terminal joined onto the existing international terminal
- Improving the international arrival experience by expanding the border processing area and public arrivals space
- Upgrading the international check-in area
- Investments in public transport, roading and walking projects.
As a result of this significant investment in infrastructure over the next five years, there will be better and faster passenger journeys through and around our airport. The experience within the terminals will be more intuitive and relaxing, and transferring between domestic jet and international flights will be faster and more efficient.