We are responding to strong passenger and airline growth by investing over $1 million in aeronautical infrastructure every working day.
To continue the transformation of our airport, we plan to invest around $2 billion in aeronautical infrastructure by 2022.
Our infrastructure plan is the result of a 17-month consultation with airlines and the airport community. Some of the key infrastructure projects planned for delivery at Auckland Airport between 2018 and 2022, include:
- expanding and upgrading the international departure experience;
- providing three more contact gates for international aircraft, such as the A380 and B787;
- building a new domestic jet terminal joined onto the existing international terminal;
- improving the international arrival experience by expanding the border processing area and public arrivals space;
- upgrading the international check-in area; and
- investments in public transport, roading and walking projects.