26 September 2016
Auckland Airport has awarded 3 Wise Men its 2016 Retailer of the Year Award.
For the past six years Auckland Airport has held its annual retail awards which recognise retail excellence in everything from customer experience to product development, sales performance, marketing and business innovation.
“The airport is committed to ensuring that passengers’ shopping experiences at the airport are world class and represent the very best of what New Zealand has to offer,” says Richard Barker, general manager – retail and commercial.
“For the past 12 months our focus has been to enhance customer choice by improving the range of commercial products on offer for passengers. This focus has resulted in a record breaking year in retail income and these awards are a celebration of what has been achieved by airport retailers.”
Mr Barker says during 3 Wise Men’s time at the domestic terminal, they have excelled in their efforts to understand their customers, develop creative promotions and provide outstanding customer service.
“They’ve experienced some terrific sales growth in the past year as a result of that and we are delighted to award them the retailer of the year,” says Mr Barker.
Also announced was a special achievement award to recognise Yoon Song, the owner and founder of TravelPharm. Yoon was the recipient of the General Manager’s Retail Achievement Award. TravelPharm was also the 2015 Retailer of the Year.
Mr Barker says Yoon has been inspirational in driving the phenomenal growth of his business at the airport, tapping into the needs of many of our overseas visitors to provide health and wellbeing products throughout the TravelPharm stores.
In addition to the 2016 Retailer of the Year Award, the following retail excellence awards were also announced:
- Best Food and Beverage Retailer Award, International Terminal – Flight Bar
- Best Specialty Major Retailer Award, International Terminal - TravelPharm
- Best Specialty Boutique Retailer Award, International Terminal – Walker & Hall
- Best Food and Beverage Retailer Award, Domestic Terminal - Hayama
- Best Specialty Retailer Award, Domestic Terminal – 3 Wise Men
- Customer Service Excellence Award, International/Domestic Terminal – Aelia Duty Free
- Marketing Initiatives Award - Icebreaker
- General Manager’s Retail Achievement Award – Yoon Song, TravelPharm
- Most Valued Player Award – Angela Akai/The Loop and Darryl Church/Retro Espresso
For further information please contact:
+64 27 801 9377