Managing Aircraft Noise in the Community BrochureDownload our brochure to find out more
Helping to reduce aircraft noise in your home
We are offering owners of homes most affected by aircraft noise the opportunity to help reduce the impact of aircraft noise inside their homes.
Every year Auckland Airport calculates and publishes the average level of aircraft noise that is expected to affect an area in the following 12 months. The noise band that we predict a property falls within decides the noise mitigation package available for that property. Click here to view our online tool and most recent set of maps for noise contours. These are updated annually to show where noise levels are predicted to be in the following year.
The airport has developed a noise mitigation package, which includes a ventilation system that will circulate fresh air through your home, a heat Pump to provide heating or cooling during summer and winter and a kitchen extraction fan to remove cooking odours, allowing you to maintain a healthy home while your windows are closed.
The contribution offered by Auckland Airport will depend on the location of your home within the Annual Aircraft Noise Contours. New homes built after 10 December 2001 do not qualify for a subsidy.
For homes in the High Aircraft Noise Area, Auckland Airport will pay the full cost of installing the package in your home. The equipment consists of the following:
For homes in the Moderate Aircraft Noise Area, we will pay 75% of the cost of installing the package in your home. You will need to pay the remaining 25% cost of installing the noise mitigation package. The equipment consists of the following: