As we prepare for a busy time of year welcoming people from across the world, we’re pleased to bring $120,000 of Christmas cheer to 12 great charities, with our annual Twelve Days of Christmas grants.
Thank you to the hundreds of thousands of travellers who placed unwanted currency into collection globes around our terminals this year. We’ve topped up these funds and these grants are the result.
Thank you, too, to our Twelve Days of Christmas media partner The New Zealand Herald for giving each charity the chance to tell their story in the days leading up to Christmas Eve.
Our 2017 charities
- Action Education
- Auckland Resettled Community Coalition
- Blue Light Ventures
- Communicare CMA (Auckland)
- Dress for Success (Auckland)
- EcoMatters Environment Trust
- The Kiwi Trust (Kiwis for kiwi)
- New Zealand Gynaecological Cancer Foundation
- The Upside Downs Education Trust
- Urban EcoLiving Charitable Trust
- WaterSafe Auckland
About the charities and the causes that will benefit
These charities are working in the Greater Auckland Region in one or more of the three areas Auckland Airport has chosen to support as a socially responsible business: empowering people through education, helping people into employment and protecting the environment.
These grants are part of Auckland Airport’s annual community giving programme: He Tangata (It is the people)